- Launch in 1999, AIMS has the rare distinction of being the first private investment/asset management company in Bangladesh and renowned as such for a decade.
- AIMS has brought about qualitative changes in the finance sector in general and the capital market in particular through introducing innovative products and new approaches to investment finance in Bangladesh, specializing in Mutual Funds.
- AIMS conceived the idea and launched and managed the Tk70 million pioneering first mutual fund in Bangladesh under private initiative (2000), the AIMS First Guaranteed Mutual Fund, as the Asset Manager, sponsored by top ranked financial institutions, which played a pioneering role in developing a matured investment culture in the country. The size of the fund was later increased to Tk140 million by the general unitholders (2005). The closed-end fund has a unique capital guarantee feature, hitherto unknown in the local market. It is listed at both the Dhaka and the Chittagong Stock Exchanges. The Fund was redeemed in 2016, being the first such incidence in the local capital market.
- AIMS was the Asset Manager for the Tk170 million second closed-end private mutual fund in Bangladesh (2005), the Grameen Mutual Fund One sponsored by the Grameen Bank, founded by the Nobel Laureate Professor Muhammad Yunus, regarded as the innovator of microcredit. It was in actualization of the objectives to devise an avenue to embark in the capital markets by creating a cost-effective and dependable financial instrument for the poor clients of Grameen Bank and design a product that can bridge the vast poor with the mainstream urban economy, give them ownership in the leading enterprises, and take advantage of the growth potentials. It is listed at the Dhaka and the Chittagong Stock Exchanges. The Scheme also redeemed in 2016.
- Taka 1.25 billion the second Scheme of Grameen Mutual Fund One, the first multi- scheme Mutual Fund in the country with tenure up to 2028.
- AIMS is also the Asset Manager of the Reliance Insurance Mutual Fund sponsored by Reliance Insurance Limited. AIMS launched Reliance One, the first Scheme of the multi-scheme Reliance Insurance Mutual Fund in 2011. It is a growth scheme with an initial paid up of Tk550 million. The scheme was listed in the stock exchanges during a turbulent time in the post market crash of 2010-11 and played its part to assist in stabilizing the market.
- AIMS was the first institution to introduce the concept of asset securitization by financing institutions in Bangladesh by acting as the Advisor to BRAC, the largest NGO in the world, on feasibility of the securitization of their microcredit receivables in a pioneering attempt (2001).
· AIMS has few unique specialized investment products on the drawing board, including Index, Sariah Compliant, Diaspora, Green Field and Sector & Industry Specific funds